Frequently asked questions
Your EXI App Experience FAQ
What is the invite code for, and do I need to enter it?
With your consent, your physical activity and health data is shared with the organisation who is sponsoring you to access EXI.
The invite code connects your details to the data portal so the organisation can support you and track your progress.
You are required to enter this invite code when signing up to the app as part of your experience to consent to share your data.
Where do I get the invite code from?
The sponsor who is inviting you to EXI will share the invite code.
How do I reset my EXI app password?
To reset your password, you must first be logged out of the EXI app (if you are logged in, you can log out via the Profile screen and selecting “Logout”).
• From the Welcome screen, then select Login.
• Then select “Forgotten your Password?”.
• Enter your email address you created the account with and select confirm.
• You will be sent an email with a verification code (e.g. 668708).
• Top Tip: Don’t forget to check your junk mail folder as the verification code email may end up there.
• Select the EXI app and you will be prompted to add in the verification code.
• Then create a new password.
How do I change my account email address?
Under the ‘More’ tab select the pencil icon where you can change your name and email address.
My Apple Watch is not syncing with my EXI app on my phone, what should I do?
If you experience issues:
- Logout of the EXI app on the iPhone.
- Restart both devices.
- Launch the EXI app on the iPhone and login.
- Launch the EXI Apple Watch app.
Can I connect EXI with any wearables, such as Fitbit?
EXI connects seamlessly with an Apple Watch. The EXI Apple Watch app provides accurate, real time heart rate recordings throughout your workouts. With nudges to indicate if you are working at the correct intensity (either too much or not hard enough).
All devices and apps are asked to connect to ‘Health’ and ‘Google Fit’ (depending on your phone). Health & Google Fit pull in a wide range of data from these devices/apps if a person allows for the permission for this data to be shared.
EXI then pulls the permitted data from Health & Google Fit into its app and counts towards activity goals and health metrics.
Connecting to Fitbit is coming soon.
How does EXI reward my completed activities?
EXI celebrates all form of activity though out your prescription. You will earn a gold badge if you complete 100% of your weekly activity target, a silver star if you complete 80% and a bronze star if you complete 60%.
EXI records both total exercise minutes at each intensity level, and total step count.
- Completed activity will populate the rings shown on the progress tab.
- The Blue ring shows recorded intensity minutes each day.
- The Pink ring shows recorded step count each day.
I’m finding the prescription too hard, what should I do?
Don’t worry if you have stopped exercising, you can start again at any time. If you are finding the current week on your prescription quite hard and would like to reduce the exercise prescription to a more achievable level, we recommend you restarting your plan:
Select the ‘more Tab’ found at the bottom of the app:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select ‘Restart Plan’.
- Your prescription will take you back to week 1 where you will start at a low intensity and gradually increase over the coming weeks in intensity and duration.
- If you are on the Earn your Watch programme, unfortunately you cannot restart your plan. We would advise breaking up your daily activities into smaller achievable activities throughout the day. EXI will record all activities that you perform on the EXI app throughout the day. Alternatively opt for completing your step count but ensure that you are reaching your correct intensity level to count towards your goal.
I would like to restart the programme, what should I do?
- Select the ‘more Tab’ found at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select ‘Restart Plan’.
- If you are on the Earn your Watch programme, unfortunately you cannot restart your plan.
The intensity level on my prescription is set too low. How do I switch to a higher intensity?
The app is prescribed at a suitable, safe intensity level for the persons current health and fitness status. The prescription graduates in intensity over the weeks and by week 4/5 a noticeable increase in intensity and duration will occur.
How do I add a new condition to my EXI programme?
If you have started the EXI programme and have since be diagnosed with a new condition, for best practice, email email@example.com to consult if your new health condition can safely be added to your prescription.
In certain circumstances EXI would recommend that the user recreates a new account to upload their new conditions to be prescribed an accurate exercise prescription suitable for their health.
Why is my device not compatible for the EXI app?
The earliest compatible version on iOS is currently iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16 or later. Go to the settings app on your device to download the latest operating system if your device allows for a new software to be installed.
The minimum Android version compatible for the EXI app is Android 7.0. Go to the settings app on your device to install the latest operating system if your device allows for a new software to be downloaded.
How do I delete my account and what happens to my data?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like your account to be deleted we don’t hold any of your personal data on the app once deleted. We welcome you back at any time.
How can I delete activities that have been logged wrongly on the app?
Activities currently cannot be deleted or relocated on the app. To record an activity on the correct day once the activity has taken place.
Select the ‘Progress’ tab found on the home page of the app:
- Scroll to the bottom of the ‘Progress’ page.
- Select ‘Log Activity’.
- Choose the Activity that you completed e.g. ‘Functional movement’
- Populate the log activity fields – Length of exercise, rate exertion and heart rate after exercise.
What happens after the 12-week programme?
The plan is graduated for the first 12 weeks, that means the exercise time and intensity will gradually increase until you are meeting the recommended level of physical activity. From week 12 until week 104 you should be able to maintain this level of exercise. The aim of EXI is to get you to the recommended daily exercise level – Adults should do at least 150 minutes to 300 minutes a week of moderate intensity.
- When using the GPS walking function, the app stops recording my walk when I come out of the app?
- iPhone: Go to your ‘settings’ app and select the ‘EXI’ App. Ensure that ‘Location’ is always on.
- Android: Go to the ‘settings’ app, then ‘Apps’, select ‘EXI’, ‘Permissions’ and ensure the location function is turned on.
Can I download the EXI app on my computer / laptop?
The EXI programme is compatible as an app for iOS and Android smartphone devices only. The app is not available for a computer/laptop format.
How can I stream the EXI app workouts to my TV?
Devices such as Apple TV or Google Chrome can be used to mirror your phone and the EXI app onto to the TV. The EXI app will mirror onto the screen and can be controlled via your phone. Save the activity on the phone to record once completed to count towards your goal.
How to enlarge the workout video on the app?
To expand the size of the exercise video on the phone, activate a home workout video and select the square box at the bottom right-hand side of the video screen. The video with automatically enlarge to landscape – rotate phone to landscape to watch at a larger size.
Rotate your device and the workout video will optimise to the new size.
Why are my steps not being tracked?
When creating an account, EXI asks for permission to access Health (iPhone) or Google Fit (Android). Your phone tracks your step count in the background every day and stores the information in Health or Google Fit, so it is worth keeping your phone in your pocket to ensure this data is as accurate as possible. If you have an Apple Watch, this will also provide your daily step count and the app will take the information from there instead.
How to check if my EXI app is connected to Health or Google Fit?
To check HealthKit, is connected to the EXI app:
- Select the ‘HealthKit’ app.
- Select your profile (top right-hand corner).
- Select ‘Apps’ under privacy.
- EXI should be listed as one of your apps.
To check Google Fit, please follow the below steps:
- On your Android phone, open the Google Fit app.
- Tap Profile > Settings.
- Tap Manage connected apps.
- To see the full list of connected apps, tap the drop-down arrow > All apps & devices.